Domestic Relations

Domestic Relations is a division of Circuit Court in which divorces are primarily filed. Divorces (especially when children are involved) are complex and we strongly recommend you consult with an attorney. By law, no one in the Clerk's Office can give you legal advice. There are many issues involved, some of which you may not be aware of and an attorney can advise you of the laws and requirements regarding your children until they reach the age of majority. If divorce issues are covered completely and correctly in the beginning, it may preclude you from having to re-open your file for future proceedings which involves another filing fee, re-hiring an attorney and possibly going to trial. You can refer to your yellow pages and find attorneys who specialize in domestic relation matters. Our office does not have "fill in the blank" forms for many of the pleadings which are required to be filed.

Effective January 1, 1994, when any order of Child Support is entered, the Withholding Order payment of Child Support shall be served immediately, unless the parties have reached an alternative agreement and the judge approves such agreement.

Required Child Support Forms

Fee Chart

Fee Description

Filing Fee

Domestic Relations Docket Fee $194.00
Modify/Enforce (contempt) $297.00
Subpoena Fee $12.00
Garnishment Fee $30.00
Execution $30.00
Motion for judgment, default judgment or summary judgment $50.00
Income withholding order $28.00
Withholding termination fee $28.00

CERTIFIED MAIL - When requesting service wherein the address provided is a post office box, or is out of state, the papers may be served by certified mail. You must provide the correct address of the person being served along with the correct amount of postage to the Circuit Clerk's Office.